Monday, December 7, 2009

January Beginnings

From Etsy's Merchandising Desk: January:
"New Beginnings: Handmade resolutions, learning a new skill or hobby (for example, learning a new instrument, recipes, crafting, journaling, etc.), self-reflection and appreciation, active-wear, spa, bath and beauty, organization (home, studio, office, etc.)."

I was delighted to see "new beginnings" highlighted in Etsy's latest Merchandising Desk report because I had already decided that my new years resolution was to plunge myself head first into soap making after receiving some handmade soap and scrub from Becky at Craft off the Lot (see my previous blog post). I love that (almost) everything in the new beginnings trend is something I'll be incorporating into my new years resolution - it's a handmade resolution, I'm learning new skills and a new hobby, I'll be taking time for self-reflection about what my body needs and doesn't need, I'll be appreciating something that's made by my hands and appreciating the process to get me there, I'll be setting up a new organizational system for my new hobby, etc. The only thing listed in the new beginnings that I'm leaving out is active-wear. Perhaps my sweats that are covered in glue will also become my "active-soap-making-wear", lol.



No comments:

Post a Comment